Sunday, February 20, 2011

Dating: Week 5 - Classic Skating

This week for my weekly date I was actually asked by a guy in my ward.  His name is Will and we've been in the same ward for about a year and a half.  His roommate, Josh, asked my roommate Katie out and we did a double.  We went Classic Skating up in Orem.  I'd never been before and I had a lot of fun!  I don't think I've been to a roller rink since like elementary school.  It brought back so many memories!

We all got roller blades because we weren't brave enough to try the classic skates.  I really miss when I used to roller blade a lot growing up.  It felt good to be back on roller blades.  :)

There were a lot of little fearless kids there that we were all so afraid of hitting or knocking over.  But after 9 they kicked out everyone under the age of 16 for Disco Night, so that was a little nicer to be able to skate a little more freely.  I LOVED the music for Disco Night and had a blast "dancing."  I wish I knew how to dance better on roller blades.  There were so many guys on skates who had all these cool moves and were break dancing in the middle of the rink and weaving in and out of all the other skaters with their smooth moves.  We even saw a much older guy who was just skating around the rink.  I love seeing older people having fun doing stuff they love like that!

After wearing ourselves out skating, we headed over to Cold Stone for ice cream.  Delicious!

When I got home I didn't realize how tired I'd gotten, but I'd had a dang good time!

No comments: