Friday, February 18, 2011

Dating Machines - Weeks 1-4

Me and my friend Rachel have recently made a goal.  We've gotten tired of sitting at home with all our girlfriends on the weekends because no guys will ask us out.  So we're taking matters into our own hands.  Even if it means we have to ask guys ourselves every stinking week.  So far we've done 4 weeks straight, and this weekend will be our 5th.  Think we can keep it up the rest of the semester?

So, first week we did a huge group dinner date with 7 couples.  It was one of the funnest dates I've been on, ever.  Such a perfect mix of people, a great date (his name is Conrad), and delicious food (enchiladas).

The second week we did another huge group date and did tie-dye.  We all brought an item to dye, and then we switched with our dates and dyed them for each other.  It was a lot of fun and they turned out really good!  My home teacher, Evan, was my date.  We went to DQ afterwards and got treats!  Very fun.  :)

The third week Rachel set me up with a friend she used to work with.  Rachel, her roommate Yandhi, and I went on a triple date to get frozen yogurt.   My date's name was Darren, and his parents are deaf and he served an ASL "speaking" mission in D.C.  He's a mechanical engineering major, too, so between computer programing, calculus, and ASL, we had a lot in common!

The fourth week I asked an old friend, Brandon, to go to the BYU Museum of Art with me and see the big Carl Block exhibit that's there.  It was really cool!  I didn't realize how much of Carl Bloch's art is used in the LDS Church, but I recognized a lot of the paintings, and they are beautiful!  Afterward we went to the Creamery on 9th and shared a brownie sundae with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream!

One of my favorite paintings from the exhibit, The Doubting Thomas.



Stay tuned for updates about my upcoming dates!



No comments: